Online Privacy Statement and Children’s Privacy Statement !
Digital Wellness LLC Online Privacy Statement and Children’s Privacy Statement
View our Children’s Privacy Practices
Updated May 1, 2015
This Privacy Statement applies to the web Sites and Mobile Apps or Apps (defined below) provided by Digital Wellness LLC. (collectively, “Digital Wellness LLC”, “we”, “our”, or “us”). This Privacy Statement governs your use of our Sites and Apps, regardless of how you access or use them. By “Sites”, we mean any website or URL of ours that we have linked to this Privacy Statement and all features, applications, content, and downloads that are operated by us and that are available through the Sites, and by “Mobile Apps” and “Apps”, we mean our products and services that we make available via mobile telecommunications platforms and/or through social networking platforms or app stores. Each time you access and/or use the Sites or Apps, you agree to be bound by and comply with all of the terms of this Privacy Statement. Therefore, do not use the Sites or Apps if you do not agree to all of the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you are visiting the Sites, please also review the Sites’ Terms and Conditions of Website Use.
We urge you and your family to follow common sense whenever disclosing personal information – on this Site or anywhere else.
We encourage you to review our complete Privacy Statement in detail, as it includes important information, but provided is a short summary for convenience. You can also link to specific topics by using our Table of Contents.
We take many special precautions to protect the privacy of children under 13.
- At our websites, online services or apps intended for children, we do not collect personal contact information (like full name, e-mail address, phone number or home address) from children without the consent of a parent or legal guardian, except in limited circumstances authorized by law.
- We collect some information (like IP address, mobile device UDID, operating system, etc.) automatically and use technology like cookies to provide functionality and support our operations. Digital Wellness LLC does not permit interest-based advertising on Sites or Apps directed to children under 13 or where we have actual knowledge that a child is under 13.
- We do not ask for more personal information than is necessary for a child to participate in an activity.
- We take steps to prevent children from posting or publicly disclosing personal contact information.
- Parents can ask us to update or delete their children’s information.
WHAT WE COLLECT – ADULTS AND TEENS
We collect information from adults and teens to serve your needs, manage our content and advertising, operate efficiently, and improve our products and services.
- We collect personal contact information, like e-mail address or phone number, from consumers 13 or older when voluntarily submitted, including when needed to fulfill transactions. Registration may be required to use some Sites, services or Apps.
- We may obtain information from commercial sources and combine it with information we have collected.
- Certain information may be collected automatically at our Sites or Apps, like your IP address, UDID, browser setting, operating system, referring domain, language preferences, mobile carrier if you are using a mobile device, general location (e.g., zip code, but not specific address without consent) and other information.
- Third parties may also collect certain information via our Sites or Apps.
- You may be able to post or upload content, like comments, reviews, photos, etc. Registration may be required.
- At kids’ Sites, filtering technology is used to prevent children from posting personal contact information without parental consent.
COOKIES AND TECHNOLOGY
- Our Sites, services and Apps use technology, like cookies and web beacons, to manage registrations or access to certain features, store your settings and preferences, conduct age-screening, offer you personalized content, shop, help us understand the features that appeal to visitors, and manage advertising, among other things.
- We also work with third parties who offer analytics or deliver targeted ads online or through Apps. They use technology and collect device identifiers, such as your IP address or mobile UDID, and information on your activities, to do so. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads but will still see ads, although they may be less relevant to you.
- Tools are available to help you control some of these technologies.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use all information we collect to provide and improve our products and services, understand our consumers, and manage content and advertising.
We respect your choices about receiving promotional offers and updates from us.
Your device may allow you to block or manage push notifications, location information, in-app purchases, or ability to access the web.
We may share information:
- With our agents and service providers.
- With third parties for marketing purposes, with your consent.
- As necessary to satisfy a legal request, protect property or personal safety, when a business is bought or sold, or as otherwise allowed or required by law.
Digital Wellness LLC Sites or Apps may link to or use other content from the Internet, including content offered by third parties that we do not control and whose privacy and data collection practices may differ from ours. Your computer or mobile device settings may allow you to block or partially block web access, but those settings may not be effective in all cases.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
We strive to maintain the security of information but cannot guarantee that information security measures are fail-safe.
- OUR LOCATION; DATA TRANSFERS
This Site and the servers that make this Site available may not be located in your country of residence and are governed by U.S. law. By using this Site, you agree to the transfer, collection, processing and use of data by this Site and us.
We will update this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting the updated Privacy Statement online. We will not change how we handle previously collected information without providing notice.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights.
We strive always to be transparent and clear about our policies. Please contact us if you have questions.
- What Are Digital Wellness LLC’s Children’s Privacy Practices?
- a. What Information Is Collected from Children Under 13 and How Is It Used?
- b. Can My Child Access the Web Through Your Sites or Apps?
- c. Can I Access, Update and Review Information You Have About My Child?
- What Are Digital Wellness LLC’s Privacy Practices for Consumers 13 and Older?
- a. What Personal Contact Information Is Collected from Consumers 13 and Older?
- b. What Information Is Collected When I Shop Online, Download Apps or Use a Wireless Service?
- Can I Post or Upload Content at Digital Wellness LLC Websites?
- Does Digital Wellness LLC Collect Information Automatically or through Technology, Like Cookies and Pixel Tags, and What Choices Do I Have?
- What Does Digital Wellness LLC Do With The Information It Collects?
- How Can I Update or Change My Preferences About How Digital Wellness LLC Contacts Me?
- Does Digital Wellness LLC Share Information About Me With Others?
- Can I Link to the Internet from Your Websites and Apps?
- What Security Measures Does Digital Wellness LLC Take to Safeguard Personal Information?
- Will My Information Be Transferred to Another Country?
- How Will I Know If You’ve Updated Your Privacy Statement?
- What are My California Privacy Rights?
- Who Can I Contact with Questions?
Digital Wellness LLC adheres to the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA”) and the guidelines of the Children’s Advertising Review Unit (“CARU”) of the Council of Better Business Bureaus, Inc. in our web Sites, online services and Apps directed to children under 13. Wherever we refer to “children” or a “child” in this Privacy Statement, we mean children under 13. Please help us protect your children’s privacy by instructing them never to provide personal information (like their full name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, etc.) without your permission.
A SPECIAL NOTE TO KIDS:
If you are under 13, you should get your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission before giving out your contact information, like e-mail address or phone number, or any other personal information, to Digital Wellness LLC or to anyone else.
1. What Are Digital Wellness LLC’s Children’s Privacy Practices?
At our web Sites, online services or Apps directed to children under 13, we do not collect personal contact information (like full name, e-mail address, phone number or home address) without consent of a parent or legal guardian except in special, limited circumstances described below. We do not ask for more information than is necessary for a child to participate in the activity. We take steps to prevent children from posting or publicly disclosing personal contact information, like name, phone number or e-mail address, online, without parental consent.
a. What Information Does Digital Wellness LLC Collect from Children Under 13 and How Is It Used?
To participate in special activities, like Fan of the week, personalized pages, games or clubs, we might ask your child to “register.” They can often do so anonymously by just providing a first name or user name, and password. When we ask for your child’s first name, we encourage them to use a “screen name” (not their real name) that only they know. Sometimes we will ask your child to make up a special password so that only they can see their customized areas on the Site. We use technology, like cookies, to recognize visitors by their user name when they revisit our Site and to screen for age in accordance with COPPA. We may also use technology for similar purposes in our Apps.
We may sometimes need a child’s e-mail address and/or your e-mail address. We may ask a child for your e-mail address so we can notify you of your child’s interest in our Site. If we need more than just your child’s first name (or screen name) and e-mail address for your child to participate in a particular online activity or App, we will ask your child for your e-mail or mailing address so that we can notify you of your child’s request and get your permission. When we ask for your permission, we will tell you what we will do with the information you or your child provides us, and how you can review your child’s information and ask us to delete the information. With your verifiable consent, we may collect other personal information from your child such as a last name or home address when the information is necessary for a particular activity.
We don’t keep your (or your child’s) e-mail address unless you tell us it is okay. If social networking opportunities are available at our children’s websites, they are structured so that no personal information is shared between visitors or verifiable parental consent is obtained.
Digital Wellness LLC might collect an e-mail address and first name (or screen name) from your child under 13 without your consent, but only in the following special cases:
- If a child sends a request to us, we keep their e-mail address for long enough to respond to them. Digital Wellness LLC deletes this information from our system after we answer their question. In the case of “send a friend” e-mails, we do not ask for your child’s e-mail address and only use the friends’ e-mail address to send the message.
- If a child signs up for an e-mail newsletter or other activity that requires multiple online contacts with the child, we also ask the child for a parent’s or legal guardian’s e-mail address so we can notify you and give you an opportunity to opt out.
- Occasionally, Digital Wellness LLC has special activities or promotions, like sweepstakes or contests that are open to children. We ask your child to give us your e-mail address, so that we can tell you that they have registered in a promotion or for a service. If we need more than an e-mail address and first name (or screen name) to enter your child in the promotion, award a prize, or offer the service, we will notify you, explain what information we need and why, and generally ask that you (not your child) provide it. For instance, we might ask you for your mailing address so that we can send to you, for your child, any prizes your child wins, or for your phone number so that we can contact you if your child has won. Any information we receive from you or your child in the above special circumstances will be deleted from our database once the promotion, program or activity is concluded, and after any legally required period for keeping such information is complete.
We may offer enhanced services, including subscription-based services, which require a parent to register and establish the appropriate permission level for the child. Content and activities available may vary depending on the service and Site. Parents will be provided with information on the type of content and activities their child may access at the time they register and are always in charge of their child’s account. Subscription fees may apply for some services.
We may ask for certain information that is not personally identifiable, like city and state, birthdate, gender, hobbies, etc. to help us understand our visitors.
We also use technology to facilitate the ability to play games, to recognize returning visitors, for research, and for other purposes, including to screen under-age visitors from certain features or areas intended for older visitors, and to collect certain information automatically. We require our advertising service partners to comply with self-regulatory guidelines on targeted advertising. Digital Wellness LLC does not permit interest-based advertising on Sites directed to children under 13 or where we have actual knowledge that a child is under 13.
b. Can My Child Access the Web Through Your Sites or Apps?
Your child can navigate to the general Internet through most of our Sites, services and Apps. Apps must typically be downloaded from an app store. Your computer or mobile device may enable you to restrict your child’s ability to visit other areas on the Internet and to make purchases online or through Apps.
App stores generally require an adult mobile device owner to register to download or make purchases. Some Apps may offer options to visit an online store to make a product purchase.
We encourage you to spend time with your children when they are online or using any mobile device so you understand the sites, activities and apps they are engaged in, and to adopt available device and browser controls that reflect your preferences about your children’s ability to access the Internet or make purchases online.
c. Can I Access, Update and Review Information You Have About My Child?
If you no longer wish your child to participate in an e-mail newsletter, simply click on the link that is provided for removal or contact us at Service@DigitalWellnessLLC.com for Digital Wellness LLC.Upon proper identification, a parent or legal guardian may review the personal information we have collected about their child, update their child’s contact details, request deletion, or refuse to allow further collection or use of the information.
Please note, however, if you ask us to delete your child’s information, your child may not be able to participate in some online or App activities.
2. What Are Digital Wellness LLC’s Privacy Practices for Consumers 13 Or Older?
You do not have to share any personal information (like full name, e-mail address, home address, telephone number, etc.) to view our websites or Apps, but most of our Sites for people over the age of 13 contain special sections and privileges for members who register. (App stores are run by third parties and may require that you register to download or purchase an App.) We may obtain customer lists, demographic and other information about you from commercial sources.
We also use technology to collect certain information automatically, like your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (which is the automatic number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider when you surf the Web, or unique device identifier (“UDID”), international mobile equipment identity (“IMEI”), mobile equipment identifier (“MEID”) or media access control “MAC”) address; computer operating system (e.g., Microsoft Windows, Mac OS); your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox); websites visited before or after you visit our Site; pages viewed and activities at our Site; and advertisements shown or clicked on.
On Sites for adults and teens, we may combine all information we have collected to better understand your needs, improve our Sites, products and services, manage content and advertising, send you offers and information, and better serve you. We may offer parents the opportunity to manage their children’s registration and activities, and to receive reports, messages and product recommendations related to their children’s interactions with our Sites or Apps.
a. What Personal Contact Information Does Digital Wellness LLC Collect from Consumers 13 and Older?
We do not collect any personal contact information from you when you visit our Sites unless it is voluntarily provided, for instance when signing a guest book, registering for contests, sweepstakes, community areas, downloads, or free demos, completing our online customer surveys or purchasing products. The personal information we ask for is usually first and last name, mailing address, phone number and an e-mail address. We may offer you the ability to receive information via SMS or MMS; by providing your mobile phone or similar number, you agree to receive information on your mobile device. Please note that your service provider may impose fees to send or receive messages. We may also ask you to help us understand your interests by providing demographic information, like age, gender, or ZIP code, or information on hobbies and interests. You may be able to submit a resume and apply for a job at some of our corporate Sites.
b. What Information Does Digital Wellness LLC Collect When I Shop Online, Download Apps or Use a Wireless Service?
Digital Wellness LLC Online Stores.
We may offer opportunities to purchase products in our e-stores, Apps, or through other media or business partners. Customers must be over the age of 18 with a valid credit card to purchase. In addition, only a parent or guardian can register children under age 13 to participate in enhanced subscription services or certain community features at our websites.
When a customer puts an item in a shopping cart, places an order or requests a catalogue online, we collect information associated with the transaction, including the customer’s name, mailing address, products ordered, shipping address, and credit card information, as well as ship-to information if products are intended for someone other than the purchasing customer. Customers have the option of registering certain information for future orders with our Site while completing their online order. For customers who choose to register, we will capture login name, password, name and mailing address, billing address, alternate ship-to addresses, and credit card information. Enhanced subscription services at some of our websites may be available to you on behalf of your child for a monthly or other fee. To register your child, we will ask you to provide your child’s screen or user name and password in addition to your contact details and credit card information so we can assist you in managing your child’s account. We may also offer you the option to be billed automatically for subscription service fees. If you elect to automatically renew a subscription, we or our trusted service providers will retain your registration information, including your credit card information, so we can process your request.
When registered customers return to the Site to place subsequent orders, they can identify themselves with their login name and password. If a customer provides a child’s birth date and e-mail address, this information will only be used to help us provide products and services that meet customer needs.
When a customer places an order online, we will send a confirming e-mail message. We may also send an occasional e-mail featuring a special promotion or product that may be of interest to customers. Any customer who prefers not to receive an online order confirmation or promotional e-mail may indicate this preference on the online store order form. If you do receive commercial e-mails from us that you would rather not receive, simply follow the “unsubscribe” instructions included in each message.
Apps and App Stores.
With Apps, you may be able to:
– Use your built-in mobile device settings and controls to
- Manage push notifications
- Manage location information
- Manage/restrict in-app purchases
– Block navigation to the web by turning off network access on the device or turning off the browser.
Access to or availability of controls may vary depending on your device.
We may offer visitors the opportunity to register to receive offers, information and updates, participate in a contest or sweepstakes, or engage in other activities via text messaging or other wireless service. To register, visitors may be required to provide a wireless phone number, the name of their carrier, type of device, wireless e-mail address, or other information. Visitors must meet age and eligibility criteria to participate and must opt in to receive messages by sending a code, word, symbol or other information via a text message as directed in an offer, or by submitting a wireless phone number online at a registration area.
To receive wireless services, visitors must confirm their understanding that they will be charged by their carrier to send and receive messages according to their applicable service plan. They may be asked to reconfirm such agreement. Standard messaging rates will apply unless otherwise indicated; if premium rates apply, visitors will be notified before registration. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any charges incurred by any visitor or anyone with access to such visitor’s device or account related to use of any wireless messaging services offered by Digital Wellness LLC.
3. Can I Post or Upload Content at Digital Wellness LLC Websites?
Some of our Sites offer the opportunity for visitors to post or upload reviews, comments, videos or pictures, or engage in interactive features. Registration may be required. If social networking opportunities are available at our children’s websites, they are structured so that no personal information is shared between visitors unless verifiable parental consent is obtained. Special rules may apply to social networking activities, so be sure to carefully review any additional posted rules, as well as ourTerms and Conditions.
4. What Information is Collected through Technology, Like Cookies and Pixel Tags, and What Choices Do I Have?
Digital Wellness LLC and its agents or service providers or business partners may receive and store certain information automatically when you visit our Sites, use an online service or download or use a mobile App. This may include information on your browser type and operating system, the pages that you view, referring sites (sites you visited before you came to our site and sites you go to after you visit our site), IP addresses, or unique device identifiers associated with mobile devices, smart phones, etc. This information allows us to count the total number of “hits” on our Sites or installation and frequency of use of our Apps.
We collect certain information using technology, like cookies and pixel tags. We may also use “Flash” cookies in connection with some games or other content to store game and activity progress for the Flash player or to store bandwidth information for the performance of the Flash player. The information stored in any Flash cookie deployed on this Site does not include your name.
Find out more about these technologies and how you can control their use below.
A “cookie” is a small file that does not contain personally identifiable information and is saved on your computer or mobile device. Cookies help improve your user experience, and allow us to analyze our Sites and Apps and manage our advertising.
You can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is being sent or turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies – see below) through your Internet browser (e.g., Internet Explorer or Safari). Check your browser’s Help menu or your built-in mobile device settings to find out how. Some mobile devices store cookies not only in areas connected to the browser, but also in areas that are app-specific so these cookies cannot be controlled by the browser settings. Check your app settings options on your mobile device to find out how to manage or delete cookies that may be stored in these other areas.
Please note that if you do not accept cookies, some features or activities may not be available to you.
Flash cookies, also known as local shared objects (“LSOs”), are built for use with Adobe® Flash® Player. LSOs act like cookies in that they store information to provide you with a more customized experience, but LSOs can store complex data that cookies cannot, and LSOs are not deleted or rejected if you set your browser to delete or reject cookies. The information stored in any LSO deployed by our Sites do not include your name. Although browser settings will not allow you to manage LSOs, you may be able to manage them in other ways. To find out more about how to manage or delete LSOs, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/articles/lso/
Web Beacons, Pixel tags or clear GIFs
We also use other technology, called web beacons, pixel tags or clear GIFs, to provide us with other important anonymous information, such as when an e-mail has been opened. Companies that advertise on our Sites may also place web beacons in their ads to help develop statistics on the effectiveness of advertising at our Sites. We do not control web beacons in third party ads.
For some Apps or services, we or our third party service and content providers and analytics companies may collect location information, including location information provided either by a mobile device interacting with one of our Apps or associated with your IP address or WiFi network. These features might enable you to engage in activities like find a nearby store or play certain games, for example. You can generally limit or prohibit the collection of location information by using the built-in settings on your mobile device. You will typically be notified if the App or service collects location information and given a chance to agree. We do not permit collection of precise location information (actual address) in mobile Apps without your consent. Child-directed Apps do not collect precise location information.
Website and Mobile App Analytics
We support the cross-industry Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance. As part of this service, our online advertisements and Web sites are sometimes delivered with icons that help consumers understand how their data is being used and provide choice options to consumers that want more control. For more information about our network advertisers, including information about how to opt out of technologies that they control, please follow the directions on the AdChoices icon within any interest or behavior based advertisement. Some of our Sites may also include the AdChoices icon on the home page. You can also visit websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance to access opt-out tools available from those participating in the program. Participating network advertisers will be listed at those sites. Opting out means that you will still see ads, but they may not be tailored to your specific interests.
Please note: your opt-out choices are browser-specific and device-specific.
Social Media Platforms and Plugins
5. What Does Digital Wellness LLC Do With The Information It Collects?
We use the personal information we collect for the purposes indicated at the time it is provided. For instance, we use contest registration information to notify contest winners; Occasionally, we might also send e-mail or postal mail about upcoming Digital Wellness LLC products, Site updates, or promotions. We may also share information with other Digital Wellness LLC brands and Digital Wellness LLC family companies so that they can let you and your family know about products that might be of interest. Information that we or our agents or service providers collect using technology is used to help us understand our visitors, improve our products and services, manage our content and advertising, fulfill requests, measure the effectiveness or our advertising, maintain Site security, and protect intellectual property.
6. How Can I Update or Change My Preferences About How Digital Wellness LLC Contacts Me?
If you want to stop receiving promotional updates or product information at any time, or would like to update your contact information, just contact us. Our mailings and e-mail will also include information on how to opt-out in the future. E-mail opt-out requests will be processed in 10 business days. Postal mailing opt-out requests may take longer.
7. Does Digital Wellness LLC Share Information About Me With Others?
We may share information within our family of companies, and with our agents and service providers. Except as described in this Privacy Statement, we never share personal information that we receive online from or about children under 13 with other companies outside the Digital Wellness LLC family of companies for their direct marketing purposes. Third parties that provide database or server maintenance or security, manage transactions, help us process and fulfill orders or requests, assist us in analyzing our offerings, or provide other similar services to Digital Wellness LLC may access certain information. If we do provide access, we require those other companies to sign confidentiality agreements promising to keep secret any information they see. If Digital Wellness LLC believes that anyone’s behavior on our Sites may damage us, our Sites, or any person or property, we may disclose the relevant personal information to prevent such harm. In that case, we might try to identify the wrongdoer, contact them or bring legal action against them. We may also disclose personal information if we believe that the disclosure is required by law, or in response to a legal request.
8. Can I Link to the Internet from Your Websites and Apps?
9. What Security Measures Does Digital Wellness LLC Take to Safeguard Personal Information?
We require our service providers and vendors to adhere to industry-accepted best practices to safeguard personal information they handle. However, no method is 100% secure. While we strive to protect your information through commercially reasonable means, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
When you create a password and log-in name, we recommend that you combine letters and numbers that will be difficult for others to duplicate or guess. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your personal information and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished, especially when using a shared computer.
10. Will My Information Be Transferred to Another Country?
This Site, the servers that make this Site available, and databases where we house information may not be located in your country of residence, and applicable privacy laws may differ. However, we take reasonable steps to safeguard personal information as outlined in this Privacy Statement. By using this Site, you agree to the transfer, collection, processing and use of data as set forth in this Privacy Statement, our Terms and Conditions, and any other terms provided at the time of collection.
11. How Will I Know If You’ve Updated Your Privacy Statement?
Please remember that we may update our Privacy Statement from time to time. When this happens, we will notify you of the new provisions by posting them on our Sites. Our Privacy Statement provides examples of data we collect, how we use it, and choices you can exercise; these examples may not be exhaustive or exclusive. We will not make a material change in how we handle personal information previously collected without notice.
12. What Are My California Privacy Rights?
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, California residents have the right to receive, once a year, information about third parties with whom we have shared information about you for their marketing purposes during the previous calendar year, and a description of the categories of personal information shared. To make such a request, please complete and send us the Privacy Request Form. We will respond to you within 30 days of receiving such a request.
13. Who Can I Contact With Questions?
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us!
For Digital Wellness LLC.
Digital Wellness LLC
11611 San Vicente Blvd. Suite 800
Los Angeles, CA 90049
In the U.S.: 310395.4250
Thanks for reading our Privacy Statement. We hope you have a better understanding of the many activities we offer and the ways in which we are working to protect your privacy when you visit our Sites or use our online services or Apps.
© 2015 Digital Wellness LLC. All Rights Reserved.